Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I told her that we were done (4:17 minutes)

"Sorry,but you and I are done..PERIOD"I could see that she was holding back tears,but i had made up my mind. Her and i were done."Before you leave i have one request for old times sake",she asked."What request is that?",i growled back.She run into her room and changed into her lovely red dress that she knew i loved and a pair of black stilettos.When i asked her why she had changed into another outfit she said."I want you to dance with me one last time before you leave me".She dimmed the lights,and turned the radio up to our favourite song, "Lady in red".She placed her head on my shoulder as she let me lead her to rhythm of the song.

She did a couple of pirouettes across the room making her look like a rose dancing in the dark. And after each pirouette she returned straight into my arms and held me tight.Many thoughts flooded my mind during those 4:17 minutes (the duration of the song),but I never knew that those few minutes would define the rest of my life.

As the song concluded she firmly asked,"Kiss me one more time before you go".Before i could say no,she had planted her soft lips on mine.I was finished.....( 8 months and 25 days later)Now here i stand holding her hand as she delivers our son into this world..All because of 4 minutes and 17 seconds

No comments: